Welcome to ITEC
MIT Individualized Tutoring for English and Citizenship (ITEC) is a cost-free tutoring service where MIT students work 1-on-1 with residents in the Greater Boston Area seeking US citizenship. ITEC is run entirely by MIT students who are passionate in language-based community service and work under the broader student group ActLingual.
Our tutors are MIT students who will provide personalized help to students with their specific goals for practicing English and the naturalization interview. All tutors are trained in citizenship tutoring, are fluent in English, and a portion of tutors speak Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, and more.
🎉 Our Spring 2023 program registration is now open! 🎉The priority registration deadline* is February 17th, and the regular deadline is February 25 so register today!
- English Registration Form
- Spanish Registration Form (Español)
- Chinese Registration Form (中文)
- Vietnamese Registration Form (Tiếng Việt)
* Applicants who apply by the priority deadline and attend the virtual info session (link available in the registration forms) will be prioritized to be matched with a tutor.
- Our program lasts approximately 9 weeks
- Participants, if selected, will be paired with a student tutor to practice for citizenship topics or English during the program
- Weekly office hours will be available for all applicants to practice their English in a group setting
- Follow us on instagram and Facebook for more updates!